Install Active Directory on DC01 using PowerShell (from inside the VM)
In this task, you will use Windows PowerShell to install and configure Active Directory. To perform this task, you will use Windows PowerShell ISE in administrator mode.
Perform the following tasks on your DC01 Server.
- In the Azure management portal, click VIRTUAL MACHINES, click DC01, and then click Dashboard. On the bottom bar, click CONNECT, and then click Open. Click Connect.
- When prompted, log on as sysadmin using Passw0rd! as the password. Click yes.
- Open a web browser on DC01 to Browse to https://itcmaster.blob.core.windows.net/fy15q3/ADProvisionScriptv2.txt
- Click on the text then press CTRL-A to select all text – Then Click CTRL-C to copy it to your clipboard.
- NOTE: you can just click OK to any security warnings you get
- On DC01, Click Start – type Windows PowerShell ISE, Right click on “Windows PowerShell ISE and select Run as administrator. NOTE: you must run elevated! Select Yes on the User Access Control Popup.
- From PowerShell ISE menu select File – New – Click on line 1 of Untitled1.ps1 and then press CTRL-V to paste in the script.
- Press CTRL-A to select all text then press F8 to run the script. DC01 will automatically restart to finish installing AD
- After Restart, Login to DC01 to confirm AD and DNS are running on DC01 (Server Manager should list Active Directory) From Tools, you should be able to open DNS and AD Users and Computers)