Join Keith Mayer and I as we kick off a new series on “Open Source + Azure” and in part 1 we cover the building blocks and how-to for Linux in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure.
Register now for #Azure IT Camp on 5/7! Don’t miss this FREE event in Raleigh: http://aka.ms/AzureITCAMPRaleigh
Learn how to get your organization hybrid-ready at a FREE IT Camp near you. In just one day of hands-on training, you’ll learn how to move your IT workloads from on-premises to the cloud and back again. After all, who wants to choose between your datacenter and the public cloud? With Microsoft Azure, you get the best of all possible scenarios – plus, powerful virtualization, on-demand application scaling, complete data control and Read more
Join me as I welcome Jeff Melton to this episode of TechNet Radio as we discuss how Microsoft IT uses the Agile Development process for Self-Service BI. Tune in as we discuss the impact self-service business intelligence capabilities have on business analysts, IT organizations as well as the overall business and learn how Microsoft utilizes Agile Development best practices to ensure a smooth ROI.
- [2:10] What is self-service BI and what problem does it solve for organizations and businesses?
- [3:36] How do you get started with this?
- [5:29] What does the Agile Development process look like for implementing self-service BI?
- [20:10] Let’s talk about the partnership between the end-user and IT…
- [23:40] How about some key takeaways for our audience…
We have some new spots open for the upcoming Birmingham Azure IT Camp, grab ’em while they are still available! Register here!
Extend your datacenter with Microsoft Azure
Learn how to get your organization hybrid-ready at a FREE IT Camp near you. In just one day of hands-on training, you’ll learn how to move your IT workloads from on-premises to the cloud and back again. After all, who wants to choose between your datacenter and the public cloud? With Microsoft Azure, you get the best of all possible scenarios – plus, powerful virtualization, on-demand application scaling, complete data control and much more.
Expect lively demos and hands-on labs from IT experts who will get you fired up and ready to apply what you’ve learned. Here are just some of the topics we’ll cover:
• Migration of on-premises virtualization to Azure Virtual Machines, Apps, and Storage
• ADFS on Microsoft Azure and Office 365 Integration, including Multi-Factor authentication Read more
How Microsoft IT uses Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 to provide collaboration and portal services in a hybrid enterprise – Register Today!
On April 22, 2015, David Johnson, a Principal Program Manager at Microsoft IT, discusses how Microsoft uses Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365 to support information sharing through portals, team sites, OneDrive for Business, and discovery solutions. David also discusses the Microsoft internal hybrid footprint, moving to the cloud, enhancing security, and creating a great user experience. There will be opportunities for questions throughout the presentation.
About Microsoft IT Showcase webinars
Microsoft IT Showcase webinars provides IT professionals with insight and help answer questions around some of the industry’s hottest topics. Join each month to hear Microsoft IT subject matter experts dive deep into real-world best practices, strategies, tactics and lessons learned that can be used for deploying and operating Microsoft products and services in your organization.
Previously on Virtuallycloud9
This is part 2 of yesterday’s blog post on connectivity from the datacenter to Azure. We finished part 1 discussing option 1 for Azure Networking which was the overview for using traditional VPN technology as well as the firewall protocols and models that are supported. Today we continue Read more
Is this situation becoming familiar in your organization?
Understanding the Solution Requirements
When it comes to connecting on-premises networking with Azure, first we need to understand Read more
We just posted a new position for the Atlanta area on our evangelist team, work with startups, incubators, and developers on the latest mobile first, cloud first technology!
Install Active Directory on DC01 using PowerShell (from inside the VM)
In this task, you will use Windows PowerShell to install and configure Active Directory. To perform this task, you will use Windows PowerShell ISE in administrator mode.
Perform the following tasks on your DC01 Server.
- In the Azure management portal, click VIRTUAL MACHINES, click DC01, and then click Dashboard. On the bottom bar, click CONNECT, and then click Open. Click Connect.
- When prompted, log on as sysadmin using Passw0rd! as the password. Click yes.
- Open a web browser on DC01 to Browse to https://itcmaster.blob.core.windows.net/fy15q3/ADProvisionScriptv2.txt
- Click on the text then press CTRL-A to select all text – Then Click CTRL-C to copy it to your clipboard.
- NOTE: you can just click OK to any security warnings you get
- On DC01, Click Start – type Windows PowerShell ISE, Right click on “Windows PowerShell ISE and select Run as administrator. NOTE: you must run elevated! Select Yes on the User Access Control Popup.
- From PowerShell ISE menu select File – New – Click on line 1 of Untitled1.ps1 and then press CTRL-V to paste in the script.
- Press CTRL-A to select all text then press F8 to run the script. DC01 will automatically restart to finish installing AD
- After Restart, Login to DC01 to confirm AD and DNS are running on DC01 (Server Manager should list Active Directory) From Tools, you should be able to open DNS and AD Users and Computers)