Data is typically managed by an organization in three ways: centralized, distributed or federated. What does it mean for your business to have your data managed under each scenario and why would you want to pick one over the other? Join me as I welcome Rajesh Nagpal from Microsoft IT to the show, and in this episode we try to answer this very question and explain why federated data helps organizations be successful in today’s hyper-competitive, data-driven market.
- [1:24] Let’s discuss how data is managed in an organization.
- [2:24] What are the benefits / challenges to a centralized model?
- [3:45] How about distributed model?
- [5:36] Why is a federated model the best and most adopted by organizations?
- [10:50] Are organizations able to achieve more, faster using a federated model?